Sunday, February 5, 2012

Word of the Week - Hope

And the word of the week is...









Psalm 71:5 ~ "For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou are my trust from my youth."

Hebrews 11:1 ~ "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."


Hope is a very important thing to have.  Have you ever been around someone who doesn't have any hope?  They are hope-less?  It can really drag down your spirit.  

I feel like the last 6 months have really done a number on my hope.  (Still trying to sell the house, remember?)  I tell myself to have faith and then something comes along to knock it down.  Someone calls to find out when they can see the house, then never makes an appointment to see it.  Hopes get up, then dashed to the ground again.

I KNOW God has a plan, a great plan for our family. I just have to have hope.  That's when I turn to His word.  It gives me the hope that no one else can give.  Not my husband, not our new Realtor, only Him.  Because I know the Bible to be true, I can put my hope in what it says and in Him.

Romans 15:4 ~ "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

Isaiah 40:31 ~ "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Romans 5:3-5 ~ "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hears by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."


If you are feeling hope-less, let me encourage you to turn to God.  He will give you the hope you desire.

Love you all,

Rulissa

No comments:

Post a Comment