Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankfulness

As Thanksgiving draws ever closer, (can you believe it's only 19 days away?!) we are asked more and more - What are you thankful for?

I was thinking of this last night...that reminds me of the song from White Christmas where Rosemary Clooney couldn't sleep and Bing Crosby sang to her, "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep," but I digress... What am I thankful for?  Cute shoes?  New TV?  Friends?  Love?  Chocolate?

 I narrowed it down to the Top 3: 

1.  Jesus and His sacrifice.  Without this, I wouldn't have Hope...hope for eternal life, hope for my future.  Hope is good, let me tell you!

2.  My husband.  He is amazing!  He works hard and doesn't complain, smiles and tells me he loves me when I do something crazy like start a blog, leads our home according to scriptures and is the best dad ever!!!

3.  My kids.  The Three Monkeys bring so much joy to our lives.  They bring more than their share of craziness, too.  But even through the yelling and fighting, you can still feel their love for each other.  I hope they never lose that.


I know - pretty unoriginal, right?  But  this is my life and I'm so happy to have it and I am thankful for it everyday!

So - Along this line of thinking, I found this Thanksgiving craft on The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking and I am totalling doing it this year!  It's a garland for the mantle that even the kids and hubby can get into.  Take strips of paper and have people write on them what they are thankful for this year.  Then you can display for all to see.  I love, love, love this idea!!


And remember friends - I'm thankful for you, too!

Love you all,
Rulissa

No comments:

Post a Comment