Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cow chaos


We have a farm.  Actually, my in-laws have a farm and we have cows.  Lots and lots of cows.  And this is the time of year when we start conditioning the calves for the winter.  So, you city folks might ask..."What does that mean?"  Basically, it means we take the calves from their mommas and make them grow up.  We give them shots, brand them and tag them.  We also bring in a couple hundred more calves without their mommas and do that to them, too.  This is my hubby working last year's calves.  The calves don't like it very much and they don't cooperate very often.  It's kind of like being a kindergarten teacher but the kids are 500 pounds!

And, it's really loud, too!  Have you ever been around a baby that wants a bottle?  You know that crying that they do until you give it to them?  It's like that-only the momma is crying, too and they just keep calling to each other...all day and all night.  It's kind of sad.  But this is how we make our living.  I am so blessed to be able to work along side my hubby.  My monkies love going to check the babies.  (This is how my Monkey Princess practices counting!)

So, if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, it's because I was wrangling calves, stirring up dust and probably couldn't hear my phone ringing amidst all the chaos.

Love you all!
Rulissa

No comments:

Post a Comment