Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Breakfast for Monkeys

[photo credit]
Mmmmm...Monkey Bread.  Do you remember this?  My mom used to make this for us when we were kids and I loved helping her.  She cut up the biscuits and I coated them with cinnamon and sugar and tossed them in the pan.  After forever later, mmmmmmm....tasty.

I was looking for a recipe (I couldn't remember what made them stick together with that gooey deliciousness) and found this from Pilsbury.com.  Looks great, but who has over an hour to make breakfast?!?!  Definitely not me!  So...I was on Pinterest the other day and found this recipe for Monkey Muffins.  Hhhmmm...muffins, you say?  This must try I.  I made a couple of modifications, but this is what I ended up with and WOW! they were A.MA.ZING.
I don't have a picture of them on a plate because the Monkeys ate them straight out of the pan!
They were super easy and delicious and only took about 20 minutes from start to finish!  Here's how I did it...

Monkey Muffins
2 cans homestyle biscuits  (you can use regular or Grands)
1-1 1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 can sweetened condensed milk


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Melt butter and add about 1/2 tsp butter into the bottom of each muffin cup
  3. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock bag
  4. Cut biscuits into quarters and toss into bag to coat
  5. Place 4 pieces of dough into each muffin cup (if you are using Grands biscuits, only use three pieces)
  6. Top muffins with another 1/2 tsp of butter
  7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with the sweetened condensed milk - don't be shy, really slather it on there.
  9. Wait to cool...yeah, right!  Who am I kidding?  You'll be lucky to get them out of the pan before people start congregating in the kitchen!
Just a little note...as my Monkeys were eating their second and third muffins, the oldest asked why it was called Monkey Bread.  The middle one piped in with, "I know!  Because we are Monkeys!"  I love those crazy kids!  They make me smile everyday!!

Love you all and have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!
Rulissa


No comments:

Post a Comment