Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crafty Weekends

I LOVE crafts!  I'm really not the craftiest person...I come up with ideas, do them and think they are great, but then I see what others have done and mine pales in comparison.  I know!  I have to quit comparing!!!  Maybe I'll show you some of my crafts later...

I was feeling crafty today and have some possible Christmas presents that needed to be attempted (it is the middle of November, you know!)  So I sat down with all my stuff and realized I was missing Mod Podge.

Now, I know I have some, but we are in the process of packing things up. (Our house is for sale so I de-cluttered a few months back.  This must have been one of the things I packed.)  If you use Mod Podge, you know that it is not cheap.  The above 8 oz. bottle runs about $8.  And, since Christmas is right around the corner, I would rather spend my moo-lah on fun stuff and not this!  So...one quick Google search later and I had more than enough recipes for homemade mod podge.  This is what I came up with...


It works just as well as the real thing, but costs soooo much less.  I bought a 12 pack of the glue for $4 and used a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby so that made it $2.40 or $0.20/bottle.  The container cost me $2.50.  So I got 12 oz of homemade mod podge for less than $3.00.  I don't know about you, but that makes me smile!

Happy crafting ya'll!!

Rulissa

No comments:

Post a Comment