Monday, January 9, 2012

Made It To Monday!

Whew!  What a crazy weekend!!  Well, I guess the craziness started Wednesday...school started!  Yeah!!  (I was soooo ready to get back into routines, but I have to say - the Princess and I really missed those boys!)  


I also had my eyes dilated.  I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS if you have anything planned for the rest of the day. I was useless!  Thursday and Friday started a basketball tournament in which the daughter of friends was playing.  We've watched her play since she was in 5th grade (she's a Junior now), so it's kind of a tradition. Saturday heralded our own child's basketball game.  (I'm so excited for these boys - they are playing so well together!!)  


My house is still full of boxes of Christmas decorations so, I'm feeling very claustrophobic.  I don't know if I've mentioned it, but we are in the process of moving (well, our house is on the market, anyway) so, my amazing hubby didn't want to lug all the boxes back up in the attic.  I think we are getting a storage unit in the town to which we will move...just to make it easier and declutter our house as we go.  We just haven't made the time to do it yet!  (Story of my life!!) 




So, with all the clutter and the hangover headache from the eyes (I swear he used too much of the stuff because my eyes are still so tired!) I kicked the kids outside.  Don't worry because even though it's January, it is a balmy 60-something degrees here.  And they seem to have banded together with the other neighborhood hoodlums because I hear extra voices.  (I hope that's just not a sign of my official descent into craziness!)


I did want the kiddos to know I wasn't mad at them and they weren't being punished, so I whipped up this yummy treat I found on Pinterest the other day.  Delish!!! And, I guess the neighbors liked them, too because the boys kept coming in to see if so-and-so could have one, etc.!


Pinned Image


The recipe is really easy.  I'm talking less than 30 minutes and your kitchen is back to normal (Unless you just got new cookie sheets for Christmas and the extra crumbs burn onto the surface and you have to soak your pan...just saying!)


Sugar Crumb Crispy (yields about 32 pieces)
1 can crescent rolls
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
dash salt
1/4 cup cold butter (MUST be COLD)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butter into dry ingredients to make crumbs. 
Separate crescents into 8 triangles on ungreased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle crumbs on top.  Bake for 8-12 minutes.  I cut my triangles into smaller pieces after it cooked.


GLAZE (I followed the recipe but there was too much vanilla for my taste, so this is adjusted)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 tsp vanilla (original recipe called for 1 1/4 tsp)
1 Tbsp milk
Blend together and drizzle over crispies.  


Now, go ahead and eat one (or 12 - because you aren't going to be able to help yourself!)


Love you all!


Rulissa







No comments:

Post a Comment