Sunday, December 11, 2011

Advent Fun


I'm am so excited about our Advent activities that I posted here!  The whole family has been having sooo much fun!!! (And I'm not just saying that - we ALL are!)

We've read books

and watched movies.

But, so far, the most fun has been making Christmas candy.  Now, I have to admit, what happened is not what I had in mind when I made this activity.  I was envisioning traditional candy perfected by generations of my husband's family.  However, my monkeys had other ideas.  (Don't they always?)

Monkey Boy decided to create his own candy.  He wanted it to look like peppermint, but not be "hot", so he wanted to use Twizzlers and Marshmallows.  (Can I tell you that I was a little scared because I knew I was going to have to eat this concoction!)
(We didn't have large white mallows, so he opted to use the big Strawberry ones.)
I must say, they weren't bad.  Now - I'm not saying I asked for seconds (kinda sweet & hurt my teeth), but I was able to eat my whole cup.  I'm pretty impressed with his imagination!

My firstborn monkey is somewhat of a cook, so I wasn't as scared of what he would come up with.  He opted for no bake cookie dough that I had found on Pinterest a couple weeks back.

Pinned Image

This is what he used (no eggs - so the dough is safe to eat!)...


Ingredients
     1 cup butter, softened
     1 1/2 packed brown sugar
     1 tsp vanilla
     2 cups flour
     6 oz mini chocolate chips


Following the directions, he creamed the butter and sugar together, then added the remaining ingredients.

He then rolled the dough into balls, added some sucker sticks to some of them (just because we had them and he thought they were cool) and let them chill for about 30 min.  Then he wanted to cover or drizzle some of them in chocolate, so I melted some chocolate almond bark and he did just that.  End result?  DELICIOUS!!!  I mean, really...who doesn't love cookie dough?

I hope your December is turning out to be just as scrumptious!

Love you all!


Rulissa




No comments:

Post a Comment